Friday, February 22, 2008

grey hair, horrible hips, and only 40

Oh my heck. I honestly remember sitting in 5th grade calculating how old I'd be when the century turned over to 2000 (this was back in the stone age, '79, when I was 11). I specifically remembering discussing with Maureen, myfriend, best friend that OOOHH, I'd be 32 that year. SO OLD. I'd probably even have kids by then.
WHAT,
WHAT was I honestly thinking.
That my body would not age? Well, guess what, all you young'uns out there. The spirit really doesn't age. It really doesn't.

I don't know if it's because I have siblings amongst many ages, or if I'm just presumptious that I feel comfortable among many ages, but I do. I really do. I don't necessarily feel wiser than others, but I do feel experienced in ways more than some people I hear. Yet, I have met many people younger than me who seem wiser, definitely more in tune to the spirit.

I know my mom said SHE doesn't feel older in her heart and mind, but she does feel like she's had experiences too. HMMMM. It's a good thing to know. I hope to keep that in mind with the other women I meet. The spirit knows no age.

Don't judge me by my weird walk, my wiry graying hair, my giving into gravity body. I am young in spirit and loving life's opportunities.

No comments: