Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Pairs

Things that come in pairs. This was the topic of discussion in class since students didn't seem to understand it on their homework. I was working at my desk, while my student teacher was generating a class list/poster for display. Maybe the list could help students remember "pair" and what it means. So... What comes in pairs. the responses are slow at first.
mittens
shoes
socks
bicycle tires
feet
eyes
ears
Now we're on a roll...
hands
nose holes
BUTCHEEKS
BRAS!!

OK great. I hear the student teacher say. We have a great list boys and girls. I think we've definitely got the idea of what pairs are. Now let's go to our seats for math. (by the way, butcheeks and bras didn't get posted to the list!!!)

So, pairs in my life that I'm grateful for. I have two books that I'm trying to be more diligent at reading daily. The scriptures are such blessing. I find them so personal relevant when I'm searching for answers, but struggle for relevance in everyday reading. Why is that? Am I avoiding the truth?

Mike and Fawn- I hope I can consider Mike and I an eternal pair. That is my plan. I worry that I don't do enough, and I have faith that doing all I can will be enough without passing judgement. I am also learning, in a long, long, long way, that I have only control over myself. So, no whining, no pouting, get it together Fawn!!! It's your testimony and education on this earth that will matter for YOU!!!!

dolls and sewing machine_ both of these have brought me many joys, I loved making clothes for my girls dolls. I love MY GIRLS. And since I have three, I couldn't really put them in pairs, but they are so great, just ask me, I'll tell you all about them til you're sick of it.

Washer and Dryer- I love my washer and dryer. GEEZ. Go a few days without them and you know what I mean. Aren't they wonderful. Isn't that like the thing you'd have before your oven or dishwasher. FER SURE!!!

toothbrush and toothpaste- (must be colgate). Although I'd secretly love to be a hygienist or dermatologist. goop, and guck, and pus are fascinating to me. (the secret is out) I love to pick and squeeze and yeah, it's cool. Call me when you have a boil.

rain and books- (although I'd cheat here and add a quilt)

rain and the camper trailer- Mom, I love the memory of sitting in the trailer in the rain with you coming up with different activities. One of my favorite is drawing and coloring homemade paper dolls. Wow, how did you stand the tiny trailer? occupying us. It's a good thing martha!!

scrappin' & friends- I love the visit, more than the scrapping. I love the revisiting of memory lane, the laughing. Oh my heck, nobody can get me going like Amy, Sandra, Patrice, Amber, and Alisa

Amy & me- I can say this is a true blue friend. She has picked up after me, run errands for me, watched my children, worried with me, cried with me, laughed with me, helped me through a wedding (and I'm not forgetting all the others who did) and first grade, and still is my friend. She is a kindred spirit, a soul sister, and I don't even know if she likes Anne Shirley. HMMM. I will find out today!!!!

chocolate cake and sweetened condensed milk - OK this is bad. The last time I made that lovely cake I was "cleaning out" the can with a spoon (ok there was enough in the can I had 2-3 spoonfuls). Mike came in the kitchen just then. OOOPS. SECRETS OUT. Now he knows, I could really just drink the stuff.

time and money- seems to be the common denominator in many of my frustrations, and right now, I'm out of time. I must be a teacher sometime today.

Share your pairs, (not cheeks and bras). It helped me feel grateful today.

4 comments:

Hope said...

That is hilarious that students listed buttcheeks and bras! I think God loved me so much he gave me a double dose of buttcheeks! I came with TWO pairs!

Whit said...

HAHAHA I love what Hope said.. I would have to say that I got a double dose of the bra or should I say BOOBS!!! I would have to say my favorite pairs are Jon and I or Kael and Jon and I! (Like you said pairs only come in twos whoops...) or how about tishomingo fudge cake and milk! Or left over thanksgiving rolls and grandma's homemade coco!

Josh and Kristen said...

Oh man, I am so glad someone else likes to lick the last bit of sweetened condensed milk. IT IS SOOO GOOD. Hope and Whit say maybe God sent them with TWO pairs on the top and bottom. I think he just sent me one of each pair, but it looks like two because I like so many yummy things like sweetened condensed milk.

Nickole -n- Kye said...

Goodness, the Kremin girls really do enjoy food!!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who indulges in a tishomingo fudge or sweetened condensed milk, ooh what about the two together!!! WOW!!!