

Last weekend we drove to St. George, (in addition to a few other members of our family) and went to the temple with Kye and Nickole. They received their endowments and were sealed together forever. The feelings that I felt that day were so different from Nickole's wedding day. I didn't feel the anxiety of having everything in place, wondering if people would really show for an after party.. rather a calm wonderful feeling of RIGHT. The only word was right. I was so happy to see my daughter get her endowments from our Father in Heaven. It is an interesting thing to watch your child learn about the gospel, putting all faith and trust in you as a parent and the gospel that this is the right thing to do. People at the temple are so nice and helpful. The little lady called me sweety dear. goodness...
Nickole looked beautiful in her dress she "custom ordered". I know it looked simple, but compared to temple dresses, it was beautiful and soooo her personality. Hope nailed it right away as soon as she saw it mouthing to Nickole, "So Jane Austen." Nickole, you looked beautiful and Kye looked so handsome and honorable. The joy at seeing you two at the altar, knowing you wanted it badly enough to keep focused at it right away, was so impressive and great.
I hope you felt the spirit that I did and enjoyed the feeling in the temple. There is no other place to feel it. I honestly feel the closest place to feel it is at home when all is right.
It was hard to have some people outside, but they knew, and we all knew, this was right.
Friends of Kye and Nickole's. The young man in the tangerine tie is Bevin Butler. He helped Kye with the melchezedik priesthood and was his escort on this day.
Our family is growing, both taller and in number. It's hard and great to see our girls looking so grown up. (And isn't my boyfriend still so handsome.)
Kye's Aunt Robin and Uncle Kris were there. She felt honored to represent his side of the family.
I think they are quite the beautiful couple. I'm so glad Kye really smiled, he can be such a goofball. Grandma Gaila bought Nickole the cute dress. Really Nickole, I love you in red.
Joleen was brave enough to ask a temple worker to come out and take some photos of us all so no one was excluded from our group. Thank you so much. Bye the way, Nicky and Kye's bishop, and her two women from YW presidency were in the temple, but didn't stay for photos.Dinner afterwards at Chilis was fun, sorry it made your ride so late Cassidy, Jo, and Hope. I love you so much. I'm glad you got home safe.
4 comments:
I'm so glad to finally see pictures! They look so happy and they are going to be blessed tremendously for doing this! I'm so proud of them, Nicky looks so grownup (makes me feel OLD) you should be one proud mama! I love you Whit
No apology necessary! It was the best way to spend a Saturday. I'm so happy for Kye and Nickole, they are such a wonderful example to all of us. I love you so much!!
You only think we're a beautiful couple because we look exactly like you and dad. only young!!! HA HA HA!!!!
What a beautiful day, that is awesome. Is there a prouder moment as a mother?? Congrats!! Peace out LaFawnda LOL
Post a Comment