It is hectic. School has started, so from the moment we returned from St. Geo. and Nickole's sealing, I have been preparing for those cute 1st graders.
Each year I swear I'll be more prepared, and each year I feel further behind. There is just so much more expected of them, and us teachers. I love them though. They are precious. I will devote a post to funny things they say, I have a few already piled up from this year.
Paige and Natalie began the school year happy to have something new to do, they seemed to keep pretty busy, loving their bikes, enjoying friends, reading, and Natalie's cheer practice.
So Natalie's cheering reminds me of how wonderful is it for your children to have hobbies they enjoy, and how crappy it is to be working and miss special moments, like the 1st day assembly.
Some things I feel I can ask a co-worker to help me out and cover for a little while, but the 1st 2 hours of the 1st day of school, COME ON!!! Needless to say, I am a crappy mom, and I missed it. Just like the other things my girls know about and don't seem to hold against me.

Anyhow, cheering is in full swing. It was fun to see her uniform, and the girls cheering together at a few games, JV football, volleyball, but for the past 2 weeks we've had high school start in full swing with the home football games practically played in our backyard. It is fun, and a great reminder of Fall when you are home and can hear the roar of the crowd, the band, and see the stadium lights shining later in the evening. We trekked on over to watch, and enjoy a good visit with some good friends. We sat by Shauna, Ryan, and little Lily Harding for the first game. Randy Harding, his wife Tari, and kids were there also, cute kids!! We didn't see one bit of Natalie until the halftime show, and so last week, at Homecoming, we relinquished our great seat with the Harding's and sat further North. The view was much better. And we sat by Thacker's which was good for shouting.
Here are some photos of 1/2time of the game, which by the way, was quite exciting, tense even the last few minutes. We actually won, which I can't really remember when we won a Homecoming. And this was against Ogden.

Natalie is in the JV uniform, on the right, in the back. We are glad the pictures showed up in the dark, but we either could have light enough pictures, or zoom, we are just figuring out Mike's camera.
I'm hoping I can tell about our other exciting news lately. Nicky put it on her blog, so I'll tell a little. It's early, but....... I'm gonna be a grammy. Distance makes this really hard. I know what my little sweetie is in for, and I know she is super strong, much stronger than me. I ALSO know I am VERY grateful for blogs (keep blogging Nickole) and phones. Oh my gosh. Letter writing would be too slow for some news, right. Can you imagine how lonely you'd feel in pioneer days with news, trouble, etc, and weeks between quick letters?
When I quickly spoke to her tonight, she is beginning the nausea phase, (yuck) and tells me Kye is making it OK at school. Good luck Kye, keep it up, I love ya.
Paige is quite the kid. She's in the Middle School and hates/loves it. It is fun to see friends, but hasn't found much enjoyable about school, which I find frustrating because she is an excellent student. She has this one gal ------ who is a real jerk in PE. Paige is NOT aggressive, and this girl is so crappy. Anyhow, this is one of those situations where you'd like to but in, but you know that won't help. I'm hoping Paige learns to stand tall. (I'm so wimpy, what can I say)
I'm going to get a picture of her cute perm tomorrow, then I'll post it.
Natalie had an exciting Homecoming weekend, in addition to the football game, but I don't want to tell her story without her. That wouldn't be very fair, but I will say this smile is quite genuine!!! I do want to show how beautiful she looked though.
Do you remember High School Dances? Pretty Dresses, borrowed or new,
exciting girlfriend giggles on the telephone. Cute boys, anxious preparations.
There are some fun things about High School. What was your favorite School Dance memory? It'd be fun to share some ideas.
4 comments:
That picture of Natalie in the back of the car...holy moly, she looks grown up! What a beauty!
Paige, if it's any consolation, I wasn't a big fan of Middle School either. My "friends" suddenly went weird and found "better" people to hang out with. I did, however, get involved with Student Counsel and that was a lot of fun. Your mom even helped me make posters to help me get voted. They had a picture of an orange and said, "ORANGE you HOP-ing I make Student Counsel?" To this day people bring those up--funny what people remember!
Hey Grandma and GRAMPS...the fact that your child is having a child somehow makes me feel OLD! I'm so excited to be Great-Auntie Hope, though! I think Hope would make a great boy or girl name, by the way. Let's push that with Nickole and Kye. ha ha
Love you sis--everytime I see your New Years picture it makes me want to do that again!
P.S. I love your deep red background!
So one of my most favorite dances would have to be prom with Chris! That's right I went to prom with my Brother in-law! I love it because we have so many great memories with one another and he's married to my sissy, so i still get to have him in my life! That's exciting you get to be a grammy! I think it's funny so far all the gramdma's are called Grammy! I love it! Nickole will be such a good mommy I know it. You've got such a wonderful family and you and Mike have done so well raising all of your beautiful daughters. I am proud to call you all my family! I love you Whit
So pretty sure, you HAVE TO update your blog, I demand a new post by monday, or else!!!!
Post a Comment