Sunday, October 12, 2008

A splash of color....





Before on the North wall of the kitchen. It really seems hospital white without the curtains and decorations on the wall. Mike has been great, and I have been patient. We agreed that if I waited 1 year with the white paint, then I could have at the walls. Well, 4 years later, I finally got brave enough to paint.

I
Before on the North wall, and the West wall.
I loved the paint Hope has in her kitchen, and although our cabinets are different, I think hers are more honey colored than mine, I do think the paint I chose is a little deeper green to offset the orange tone in my cabinets and floors.

I really like how my curtains standout against the color. I love them still after 4 years, and mom helped me make them, covering the buttons was quite a lesson, and my hand ached for days, but I LOVE the buttons. I also was reminded again of how disgusting the top of the kitchen cabinets can get.















Paige and Natalie helped me paint. I did the green North wall, Natalie the brown West wall, and Paige did the tan East wall, with the coat closet. It made the painting much quicker. Last weekend, during conference, Mike helped me install the undercabinet lighting. I love the glow it puts on the countertops and for night lighting.



3 comments:

Hope said...

I really like your kitchen! Much better than mine. I actually don't care for my green paint, but you pulled it off. I don't know if it's because the shade is just enough different or because you off-set it with brown. Maybe I should have just done an accent wall. In either case, you did AWESOME!

Josh and Kristen said...

L-O-V-E it!

Wendy Kremin said...

Fawn, I LOVE your kitchen! It looks so good. I'm glad you painted it green. It is so cute. I love your house! Love,Wendy