Wednesday, October 28, 2009

So I started reading some Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes to the class, realizing some students really hadn't heard them. But... Some students are particularly bright, and began analyzing them. UMMM.... More scary than fun... Good for October...
Teacher, What is a bough?
Why would you sing a song to a baby about them falling out of a tree?
That is not nice!

(Believe me, after 2 or three more, I realized ummm I wasn't doing that blindly again. I will choose them specifically for the lesson, not a good idea!!)

more cute kids 'stuff"
We're "passing off" shoe tying...
student..."Teacher, did you know that you have to be a mafeshional to double knot in shoes. Yeahh... people who can do that are mafeshionals."

We're learning what 3 "things" help us decide an animal is a mammal...
class...1. fur
student...(Oh my gosh, we DO have FUR!!!)
class...2. they are born, not hatched
student...(hey my brother was born from my mom)
class...3. they drink mother's milk
student...(hey, are we mammals????)

So, we are talking about bats, being that it's so close to Halloween...
Me... Bats are the only mammal I know of which can fly.
class... Yeah...
class... cool...
class... neat...
J.H.... Huh uh teacher, ... what about reindeer?
me... Oh yeah, you're right. I almost forgot. Crazy me. I better let Darwin know.

2 comments:

Josh and Kristen said...

Hehehe. I love your stories. They make me happy. AND, I seriously can't believe you left out REINDEER! I mean c'mon teacher!

Rachel said...

Haha nice. I get a lot of comments like that in my classes. One time a student commented that she liked my pants. Then it started a string of compliments...I like your shirt, I like your hair, I like your shoes...until one girl said, "I like your body shape." Uh...moving right along...