We had a surprising weekend last weekend. We had planned on camping, but plans fell through, so we jumped on the bandwagon, which had been secretly planning for weeks. Well the bandwaagon was traveling to SLC to celebrate my best beautiful mothers life. She turned 76 years young, and whomever could, was meeting to have a girls' weekend.
We all met at the Garden, surprised her there, and had a GREAT dinner. Lots of laughter and good food. Then we ALL, even the gals who live on the Wasatch Front, went to a nice hotel and had a slumber party. Real life slumber party. Laurie found a place that could accomodate all of us in two suites. They each had 3 rooms, and so we had FUN.
Paige and Natalie were sent by the front desk to the pool (through those doors, and around the corner.) Actually, when they found it, the pool was outside, and covered :-( .
We tried to make the best of it and turned our visiting into truth or dare, bu NOONE was brave enough to challenge -or take on- a dare. So it turned out to be Spin the Bottle with "truth" questions. HILARIOUS. We did have to promise "what's said in the CITY, stays in the city".
Don't worry Raquel, I won't tell your biggest LIE!!!!!
MOM- I won't rat you aout about that thing you did. Oh My Gosh, that was the killer.
(Just no one tell my embarrassing moment)
The cake was great, the company even better.
Shopping at Tai Pan was fun... I've already used my gravy pitcher twice. I love it. Why didn't we buy 5 more.
I can't wait to put my cutout of Santa on my porch.
By the way, the chicken and dumplings at Cracker Barrel are YUMMY!!
I am planning next year.
I loved the simplicity of it, no big plans, just lots of easy times and friends. Thanks to all the men who were great to go along!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment