Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Look out Atlanta, she's a comin'!!!

WAHOOOOOO!!! They did it. Natalie and Matt took 1st place in the State of Utah. This was a General Marketing Research paper (24 pages) and memorized multimedia presentation. They presented in front of the judge (40%) and also were scored on their paper (60%). AWESOME. We are so excited and proud of these two. Natalie was on cloud 9+++ and we couldn't get her to go to bed. She'll be draggin' at school today. Now she has to work her little tail off to get her trip money.
What a fun thing. The end of April she'll go to Atlanta, GA to compete against the other state's DECA finalists. I thought it was almost as much fun to see Nickole enjoy seeing her sister win. She was soooo proud. She kept commenting on how great it is for Natalie, and "I am so nervous" and then, "She did great. That is so awesome." The UHS team was screaming at the top of their lungs. Good grief, they took up 1/2 of an entire section, quite intimidating!
It is better to see the joy of someone win, or get a gift, isn't it?
Thanks Mrs. Cottrell and Mrs. Enloe. DECA has been good for my girls.
I will post pics Nickole took later, when I get them.

4 comments:

Hope said...

Wow! That is so awesome! A big pat on the back to Nat! (That sentence sounded like something out of Dr. Seuss...)

Great job!

Hope said...

P.S. Fawn, I love your music! I'm going to copy you and put some of your songs on my playlist! Thanks for turning me onto such fantastic tunes!

Idontcare said...

Tell Nat congrats!!! That is so awesome!!!

I am Chree-uz. said...

That's way cool, Nat! Congrats!

P.S.- this is for you Fawn

http://www.mediafire.com/?bytki3tpmtd