Friday, June 20, 2008

I want to ride my bicycle, my bicycle, my bicycle....

I really don't like Queen too much, but this little song just keeps playing over and over in my head these past few days. This week developed the way it did because of Natalie. My Dr. told me the best thing I can do for my hips is lose weight, ride bikes, and swim. Well, I don't have a bike, swimming isn't convenient, and I just keep on climbing up that ladder of cellulite. Needless to say, I've been aware, and wanting to do something, but early morning yoga in two weeks isn't enough motivation for me, I WANT MORE!!!!
Now, why I involve Natalie.... Natalie has (for 2 years) wanted a cruiser bicycle. You know the 50's bikes, no gears, reverse pedal braking, cool, pretty, but hard to ride. Well, KMart had some cool ones on sale, but of course, they never had any pink ones, the red ones were sold out, and two weeks later she's getting quite impatient. As we drove down main street last Monday we passed a local bike shop. I told her, maybe they have something cool; a guy I went to school with owns the place, let's go in.
Uh Oh, you are warned. If you absolutely do NOT want a bicycle, DO NOT go into Altitude Cycle. You will not leave the store without one. Once you enter the bikes all call to you, "ride me" "love me" "own me" "you know you want me".
Truly I loved the salesman there, Pat, a friendly jo, knowledgeable, shows you anything, and figures out right away what your style is.
Natalie found a darling cruiser, Paige met a cruiser which is really adult sized, but the way it is built is perfect for her to grow into, but the real killer is, RATFINK!!!
As soon as the girls and I saw it we knew, MIKE WILL WANT THIS BIKE!!!
If you know anything about Mike, you know he loved Ratfink, the cartoon character, and he really misses his little Tbucket car which was just like Ratfink's car. Ok, I know, you don't care, get on with it right. ANYHOW......
The girls wanted the bikes SO much, they put in their money AND (get prepared) they sold the Wii. Unbelievable huh, but check out these sweet rides.....



This first bike is Mike's obviously.

This bike is Natalie's, doesn't is scream her style?!!!! We also got a wicker basket that is so cute.

I love the colors of Paige's bike, and I think the metal bar/tank is so cute with the orange rims. She is awaiting a darling white wire basket for the front.

Yep, I loved the colors of Paige's bike so much that I fell right in love with this baby. Isn't she sweet? I LOVE the rack, and Paige and I will soon have baskets. Also, for the old lady in me, and even better than anything is the fact that it has 3gears, SWEET!!!!
Let me know, which one would you choose?
Do you like to ride?
What kind of bike do you have?
Now if we can conquer the hayfever so Paige can ride AND see through swollen eyes.

2 comments:

Josh and Kristen said...

I love all the bikes, but I might have to pick Natalie's. I love it!

Mandy said...

OH MY GOSH!!! You know I am so excited for your post today. We LOVE to ride bikes and I just bearly got a sweet new cruiser bike. I have to tell you... I LOVE THIS THING! I bought it from the chamber radio auction this spring... for $125. (are you jealous? Bet mine was cheaper than yours ;)!!) Troy donated it. Anyway, I bet you will love it. I did have one wreck.. but I have recovered nicely. this is my bike... http://craftymandy.blogspot.com/2008/03/one-about-my-sweet-new-ride.html

I really need a basket though. Does Altitude sell just the baskets? and How much?