Thursday, July 3, 2008

20 Years of marriage, yeah we deserve a trip!!







The school district sent some teachers, quite a few actually, to Portland, Oregon, for a testing company convention. I was a "lucky" winner and my principal sent me. When I found out that I'd get my own room, and that the convention was the same week that Natalie would be at cheer camp, and Paige would be at girl's camp, I hooked Mike into going. (I had to convince him we could afford the airfare and his food, but it wasn't tough)

6 solid days of cool weather, sightseeing, no real schedule, and my husband all to myself.
Portland was great, an interesting city, tons a bridges, a million bicyclists, great seafood, and easy going people.

Mike and I stayed a few extra days, thought we'd drive up the coast to see some neat things. That was fun as well, Mike was a good sport to drive the rental. I mean it, Utah has got the grid system down, Mike HATES all the one way streets, the roundabouts, the streets with names and no numbers, not to mention all the bicyclists not obeying the law. (Breathe, breathe)

We got to see the school for "Kindergarten Cop", really cool and old, and added onto a lot, I bet the teachers would LOVE my NEW school.








We got to see the "goonies" house. I feel bad for the people who still live in that house, all the looky lou's. When we realized people lived there, we only peeked around the bushes, like peeping toms, and skeedaddled speedy quick out of there. Hey, the "truffle shuffle" was invented here.

We also got to check out some Forts. Fort Clatsop (Lewis and Clark fort) and Fort Stevens (did you know this fort was opened on the mouth of the Columbia River to protect the Union interest in the Civil War. NO WAY) I learned so much about boating, the bay, WWII, and still got even better seafood. MMMMM.







I
will say, the bed and breakfast in Astoria was so quaint, over 100 years old. Breakfast was even looking great UNTIL, THE CAT!!!!

You heard it. Someone in the house had left their outside window open, (we all did all night) and in the morning, the cat climbed up the back fire escape and came in.

Cat's are murder for me. I didn't touch the cat, but I KNOW that the lady who picked him up, and put him outside ruined my touring for the day with the cat dander.

I was so miserable. I felt like on Carl Wheezer on Jimmy Neutron. Man!!! Cats are so beautiful, but so not worth being around to make life so miserable. I couldn't breathe well, my throat was itchy, my eyeball membranes swelled up around my eyeballs, my nose wouldn't quit running, my eyes were itchy and read and swollen, MAN I was one beauty queen for my man. GET THE PICTURE!!! Honestly, after medication, eyedrops, wet rags, resting back, I didn't feel decent until dinnertime.

All in all, we DID have a wonderful weekend, but I had to post about the cat. Pic's of ours will come when I can get the camera from Mike.
CATS, way to ruin a great weekend.

2 comments:

Hope said...

I've been dying to hear about your trip! When is the big slideshow???

It sounds like you had fun and you two so deserved to get away by yourselves!

P.S. Did you get my email about Aug. 13-17th?

Josh and Kristen said...

I had so much fun this afternoon, lets do it again soon!