Natalie and Paige have begun the "There's nothing to do" song lately, I think because I don't like them on the computer or TV all day. Paige is very content to read for 5 hours straight, but Natalie isn't quite that into reading. I suggested that they take Nickole's purse pattern, (yep it's still here Nicky) and try making some cute purses.
Natalie caught right onto that. She was so excited, she wouldn't wait for me. She got on her bicycle, rode the 3 miles to Quilted Hen, and bought her material before heading off to work. That night, at 10:00 she asked if she could begin her purse. I'd spent hours trying to fix the tension on the old Singer and I was FRUSTRATED. Of course being the great "wet blanket" I said, "No, let's start tomorrow, I'm going to bed."
Natalie will not follow written directions. She wants to figure it out on her own. Stubborn kid. I woke up the next morning to find this note on the kitchen island.
MOM.I was too excited to wait.
I finished the purse by myself.
I LOVE IT.
Please wake me up when you see this.
Natalie
Oh My Gosh. The purse is so cute.
Once Paige saw it, she had to have one, so yesterday the girls took off on the machines. Here are the newest accessories. Don't you wish you had one, mm hmmm.

3 comments:
I can't believe they made those on their own! Your girls are so talented!
I love the purses...they could sell them on Ebay!
P.S. Thanks for watching the kids...I'm waiting to hear back from the family the exact "schedule" so I can tell you the times.
I want one. And my pattern, hey I'll let you use my pattern to make me and you guys some!!! in other words, make me one fool!
Um, yeah... I'd love one! They are sooo cute! Way to go girls!
Post a Comment