Tuesday, April 8, 2008

How's Nickole and Kye? Don't ask, 'cause I'll tell ya!

I'm so envious and excited at the same time. Kye and Nickole have had a fun past weekend, one I wish had been mine. As I understand it, the regional representative for Southern Utah asked for my married children to meet with them in a special meeting. It sounded like a class around Stake conference time for all new converts and their spouses. Nickole said the meeting was great, and they also got tickets to attend General Conference. Wow. Was I proud, excited for them, and jealous.
They attended Sunday's morning session. You can read about it on her blog, sounds like an overwhelming crowd, but the spirit, which is most important, was felt there. Isn't it amazing, all those people, and the spirit is shared. I am so extremely humbled by this young man Kye, who just showed up into my daughter's life. Watching him make a commitment to God brought such a spirit of the gospel into our home, we need it. Proud of you two. I love my brother Jesus Christ, and I know you do too.

I am excited for their vacation to California next week. I know it feels so expensive when one is newly married, but what a terrific time to enjoy your new spouse. Believe me, it really does get harder and harder for special time together. (If not time, then money, sigh) I'm appreciative for children who understood that their parents needed to date.

No comments: