OK,
So today is Monday, and I'm ready to begin the day. Students are at their seats, reading their little books, and I'm taking attendance at my computer. I hear on student say to another, "Hey Mrs. Holmes colored her hair."
"HMMM, I think quickly in my head. Maybe they really didn't notice the horrible black roots that were at least 5 inches thick..... Maybe it looks better now." WRONG
The next thing I hear him say is..."Cool, it's purple."
Oh my gosh, I think we better have a lesson on colors. Either for my students, or I need a GOOOOOOOD LONG LOOK in a mirror. I need to see the back of my head.
I wonder if after washing it tonight I'll still have purple hair tomorrow.
So, is purple hair better than big ugly black roots?
I love this class.
These are the same kids that responded so cute when I told them I had 3 daughters. One was even a grown up lady and was going to have her own baby. Then I would be a Grandma.
To that a little girl looked quite upset, asked when it would happen and I wouldn't be a teacher anymore.
I let her know I was a mom and a teacher so a Grandma might work too.
When we were writing the number 40 on the math paper today, I said, "I love this number 'cause that's how old I am." Wrong thing again.
"Wow."
"That's big."
"Look, it's clear down on the hundred chart."
"My mom isn't that big."
Oh yeah, gotta love em.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my gosh!!! That is so FUNNY!! You gotta love kids.
When I helped in Quayd's class on Halloween, I came in my "Garth" costume. This one little boy kept saying, "You have a bad hair-Do!" I was like, "Thanks Jonathan."
Post a Comment